The eve of a new year presents the chance to look back on the one just gone. I remember this time last year, thinking how predictable the coming few months seemed. In the days that followed I was granted the opportunity to visit New York. Never in a million years did I foresee 5 days in a place I’ve always dreamed of going…it just goes to show, you never know what’s just around the corner. So, aside from an unexpected trip to NYC, what else have I enjoyed this year?
- a wonderful 5 days in sunny Nice with plenty of Nutella crepes
- a whirlwind 48 hours in a very soggy Paris
- a dozen lovely trips to Oxford with a number of exceptional BLTs from Oxfork
- one 1st birthday with lots and lots of balloons
- quite a few, but certainly not enough, trips to Jamie’s Italian
- half a dozen glasses of Prosecco on the Hall & Woodhouse roof terrace
- somewhere in the region of 20 to 30 Lychee and Grapefruit Cosmopolitans
- quite a few, but still too few Saturdays spent shopping with Mum
- maybe 1 or 2 Triple Chocolate Ben’s Cookies
- 2 Michelin starred lunches at The Bath Priory and The Hand & Flowers
- a couple of memorable trips to London with a few visits to The Builder’s Arms
- an amazing Coldplay concert amidst torrential rain
- 24 hours engrossed in 2 addictive seasons of Homeland
- and more bags of Mini Eggs, Caramel Nibbles and Cadbury’s Buttons than I care to remember.
There’s certainly more to add, but right now it’s time to open the Prosecco, sit back and welcome in the new year.